It is essential to be aware of this structure that has the function of protecting the property. Because of their high durability and even positioning, roofs are often a little overlooked part of the house. The consequence of this oblivion is a number of disturbances that result in the need for repair of the roof.
In this sense often, complete Roof Replacement is essential to avoid any further future collapses. Before you know more about the importance of roof cleaning and maintenance, you need to know some basic guidelines.
9 tips to Avoid Accidents When Fixing Roofs
- Put on tight shoes, with rubber soles and tied shoelaces.
- Check the maximum weight your ladder supports. This information must be on an adhesive pasted on it. Avoid using it if your weight is higher.
- Inspect the ladder for any loose or broken parts. Do not use a broken ladder and check that there are oil, grease, mud or other slippery parts on the steps.
- Find a solid and flat place to steady the ladder. If possible, place her feet on the ground or on the grass instead of concrete. Before lifting it, make sure the top rail is close to electrical wires or any other dangerous area.
- Adjust the ladder so that there is 30cm between the base and the wall. If the ladder is an extension, have a good look at the beams. It should extend three steps above the roof to ensure a safe passage.
- Stand facing the ladder and take the rails with both hands. As you climb, always keep three points of contact with the ladder.
- Keep your feet in the center of each step. Avoid leaning to the side or walking on the ladder to change position. Never climb on the three steps at the top of the ladder.
- Ride cautiously on the roof, slowly taking your weight off the stairs. Stand crouched to help maintain balance.
- Check the roof with your hand to see if it is slippery. Check for mildew, algae, or water that will cause you to slip. If it is flat, try to repair it another time.
Do not neglect it
The roof is like a filter and therefore needs to be cleaned to continue to perform this function well. As you already know, the roof is the roof of the property, used even when you already own a slab, as it reinforces the interior protection against various climatic and environmental discomforts. By being exposed, it not only suffers wear over time, it also accumulates different types of dirt.
This is why, before taking any steps further, consult with the roofing professional near you and get the quote today at minimum costs.